What a month! I apologize to you for not getting tips to you that could help your careers. I’ve got a stack of helpful tips and tools that I wasn’t able to get to, but now I can start publishing again. It has been an amazing thirty days. Have you ever been hit by one of those whirlwinds where everything happens at once. Well, this is what hit me in the last 30 days that slowed down getting helpful information to you,
- Finished writing and edited a new book – “Connect!” which will be published through J Wiley Press in September
- Frozen website – Critical to Success was hit by the WordPress White Screen of Death (WSOD)
- Rebuilt the website from scratch better than before
- Attended four days of Iceland Consulting Summit. Great consultant’s meeting in the “Land of the Ice and Snow (and Fire)”
Wrote and Edited a New Book
About two months ago, two great guys and superb consultants, Lars Petersen and Chris Nash, and I hunkered down for six weeks and wrote the book that will change the world of digital marketing, Connect!
In the last month we took two weeks and hunkered down again to do final edits before sending it back to J Wiley Press and the printing press. You can read about “Connect!” here. It will be available in September, 2014.
The WordPress White Screen of Death (WSOD)
You’ve probably experienced Window’s blue screen of death. Well, WordPress has something similar known as the “white screen of death.” Critical to Success uses WordPress so when WSOD hit you could still see pages on the site, but I was unable to make updates. So I rebuilt the website from scratch…
Rebuilt “Critical to Success” .com
I rebuilt CriticalToSuccess.com from scratch. I was going to do it anyway, but the WSOD demanded it. The new website is,
- Mobile responsive (automatically adapts to Smartphone, tablet, etc.)
- Includes the best search available on WordPress
- Includes a new taxonomy and menu structure to allow for thousands of topics and articles
- Uses a more modern graphic design
- Is ready (one of these weekends) for two-way social connection with most social media
Iceland Consulting Summit
– Led Zeppelin
We come from the land of the ice and snow,
From the midnight sun where the hot springs flow.
The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands,
To fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming!
On we sweep with threshing oar. Our only goal will be the western shore.
I’ve always loved the energy in that song and wondered if it was about Iceland. I’m still not positive, but I’m convinced it could be. After traveling over most of the world I finally got a chance to see a little bit of Iceland with its ice, snow, and hot springs. Four days in Reykjavik with a small group of incredible global-class consultants. We had two of three best meals I’ve ever had. The city is surrounded by unearthly scenery, lava fields, geysers, snow and ice. And although I’ve flown over Greenland and the arctic icecap many times commercially and as a military pilot, I’ve never flown over the southern tip of Greenland and seen the “calving” of icebergs. Here’s an amazing photo from 37,000 feet.