Start and Build a
Thriving Consulting Business
in the New Economy
Get the Strategies, Tactics, Tools, and Community that are Critical to Success
for Consultants and Independent Professionals
- Accelerate business growth by 5- to 10-years
- Find your perfect niche
- Identify, engage, and convert your ideal prospects
- Calculate fees and retainers
- Use the BEST client conversion sales method
- Build a steady six- and seven-figure income
- Build consistent high six- and seven-figure income
- Gain greater independence, satisfaction, and contribution
- Leverage workflows turning one solution into many products
- Build an automated marketing engine that creates a steady stream of leads
- Create multiple streams of income
- Become a recognized authority in your profession
- Gain greater independence, satisfaction, and contribution
- Be sought after - rise above the online commodity market
- Step up from freelancing to big dollar projects
- Turn your expertise into multiple streams of income
- Control your work-life balance
- Find the perfect business niche for your skills and lifestyle
- Build a portfolio of ideal prospects and clients
- Use the BEST proven structure, questions, and client closing methods
- Build a marketing engine that creates a steady stream of leads
Transform Your Consulting Business
Transform Your Life
- Save 5- to 10-years of difficult time by learning proven best practices
- Find niches that need your expertise and will pay for it
- Use a magnetic marketing message that sticks in your prospect's mind
- Gain confidence with step-by-step systems, checklists, and scripts
- Learn a conversational style that turns prospects into clients
- Build a portfolio of high-quality clients you like working with
Accelerate Your Consulting Business
- Don't depend upon referrals that dry up. Fill your pipelines with high-quality prospects
- Learn how to get ranked in Google as the solution provider for your client's most painful problems
- Create more free time with powerful workflow multipliers
- Learn the best systems and software to automate the back office
- Learn how to leverage one solution into multiple products
- Build multiple streams of income that pay you 7 X 24
Don't Waste 5 to 10 Years - Accelerate!
Life is too short to spend 5 to 10 years learning on your own how to build your business. Accelerate your business with proven best practices.
I remember earning $37,000 a year the first few years. It was hard work and anxiety provoking.
Ten years later I was ecstatic as I reported $983,000 income to the US Internal Revenue service (Federal taxes). I learned the strategies, tactics, and skills that were Critical to Success as an independent professional.
I want you to use what is Critical to Success and accelerate to higher income and greater independence.
Ron's Critical to Success course has totally changed my life.
I'm not kidding!
I operate a one-person consulting business, and Ron’s Critical to Success class has totally changed my life. I’m not kidding! . . . I’m a very enthusiastic fan of Critical to Success. If you decide to sign up, be prepared for big changes and lots of work. But I promise you, you’ll greatly appreciate it!
Ron Person has brought a lifetime of successful consulting to his Critical to Success course.
I’ve learned so much from him! He knows how to make it work and he knows it well. He helped me find my niche, focus my brand, and then work with LinkedIn in a way that’s natural to my own easygoing communications style. I can’t say enough good things about him and his work.
Content Marketing Strategist
Master the Difference Between
Average and High-Income
Join the ranks of high-earning independent professionals.
Often, it's just a few things that separate the average from the great. This chart shows that the average self-employed person in the US earned $47,200. In that same time frame almost 3 million self-employed people earned more than $100,000. And 300,000 earned between $500,000 and $2,500,000.
Chart, Pofeldt, E. (2018), "The Million-Dollar, One-Person Business"
Consultants Enjoy a Satisfying, Healthy,
and Independent Lifestyle
You might think that the "hard work" it takes to make high six- and seven-figure incomes while being independent would add stress to your life. In fact, the opposite is true for those who know how to overcome the obstacles.
Successful consultants work less and enjoy their work more.
Being unsuccessful is what creates the most stress.
74% of full-time self-employed independents in 2017 reported they were very satisfied, the highest level reported in seven years.
65% said they chose to be self-employment. They were in control of their life and work.
70% of full-time self-employed said that working independently was
better for their health.
MBO Partners, "State of Independents Reports", 2017
I highly recommend the course to anyone who wants to
grow their consulting business
When I gave a presentation at a meeting or a conference in the past,
people would seem excited, but then I rarely heard anything from them.
Then, Ron taught a class on how to get leads from presentations.
We got half a dozen serious leads from our next two presentations,
and are having sales conversations with those people now.
I wish I had had this course earlier.
Sheella Mierson, PhD Biophysics
Founding Member, The Sociocracy Consulting Group
Partner, Blueprint of We California
Get Consulting Strategies, Tactics, and Tools
Start building your consulting business now. Work straight through or in increments that fit your schedule.
Fast Track Modules build your foundation quickly, with proven, step-by-step guidance
Mastery Modules give you the details of advanced tactics and tools
Workbooks, Flowcharts, Checklists, and Scripts keep you on track and accelerating
Live Weekly Sessions with hot current topics and question and answer
Consulting Community with camaraderie, support, and feedback
Fast Track Modules
Fast Tracks guide you with one to two hours of work at each weekly stage to build or validate your business foundation.
Mastery Modules contain advanced tactics and tools to help you master advanced tactics for building your business.
Interactive workbooks guide you step-by-step as you record your ideas, decisions, and next steps.
Weekly Office Hours
Live Weekly Office Hours give you answers to pressing questions and the latest in consulting.
Connect, get support, and find partners in the Consulting Masters community.
Stay up-to-date and learn professional skills through micro-courses that keep you at the top of your game.
Leading Edge Events
Watch live and recorded events with experts, consultants, and authors. Access prior events in the archives.
Access previous office hours, events, interviews, and micro courses in the Archives.
Flow charts guide you so you get the greatest impact in the shortest time.
SOPs and Check Lists
Standard Operating Procedures and check lists keep you and your clients on track with best practices.
Scripts and Templates
Use proven email and LinkedIn scripts for easier, efficient marketing. Get a head start with retainer and proposal templates .
Need access while on the go? Courses, assets, and community are accessible by smartphone or tablet.
Just Enough, Just in Time
Don't force yourself to watch two hour videos filled with boring, droning lectures that aren't business drivers.
- No long boring videos
- Get just what you need with 5 to 20 minute video chunks
- Follow Fast Track modules and step-by-step interactive workbooks to quickly build your foundation
- Dive into Mastery Modules for advanced tips, tactics, and tools
Get what you need, where and when you need it - in short targeted bursts from experts.
The consulting business courses contain Fast Track and Mastery modules. Fast Track modules take one to two hours of work per week and build your business foundation. Mastery Modules cover many advanced topics that build on the foundation and give you advanced strategies, tactics, and skills.
1. Finding Your Niche
It's an old saying, but true. "The Riches are in the Niches." Creating a high-income, professionally satisfying business is easier and more profitable when you find a niche you enjoy and where you are highly valued.
2. Finding Your Ideal Client
You cannot serve everyone. Learn how to identify your ideal client, learn their pain, and how to communicate with them. Find the exact clients who need and value you.
3. Promoting Your Services
When you build the right stepping stones prospects know, like, and trust you before they have met you. Build the key elements you must have as an independent professional.
4. Getting Prospects Quickly
Use proven methods to identify, find, and engage prospects. Then nurture them into a trusting relationship. Choose the methods, blueprints, and scripts that fit you and your clients.
5. Calculating and Setting Consulting Fees
There are nine fee structures for consulting and professional services. Know how to move to higher fees with winning confidence.
6. Selling Consulting Services
Few people like to sell. Scripts and techniques are trite killers. What works is a well-researched conversational style with the right questions at the right time.
7. Writing Retainers, Proposals, and SOWs
It's more than legal. Retainers create steady income. Proposals win the business. And, Statements of Work clarify deliverables, times, and responsibilities and build long-term clients.
8. Automating Marketing
and Back Office
Create a marketing machine that attracts and qualifies leads, then engages them and builds trust and authority. It can free 30% of your time and build a full pipeline of prospects.
9. Multiple Streams of Income
Working by the hour or project means you have to be available. Learn to productize your expertise and create multiple streams of income.
Who Is Your Teacher and Mentor?
I want you to quickly gain the independence, income, and recognition you deserve. You don't need to take 5 to 10 years learning the business side of consulting like I and many consultant have done. When you know what is Critical to Success it is very possible to accelerate your consulting and professional business.
For more than 30 years I have been a solo-consultant. The first few years were tough. I don't want you to go through that.
As someone experienced in your field you want to accelerate your business growth, not be held back by business processes, marketing, and sales.
I want you to learn the strategies, systems, and skills that are Critical to Success as an independent consultant or professional. These are strategies and skills I've learned in a career that includes,
- Teaching 1,000s of business and technical professionals through my consulting and through University of California, Berkeley